Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Flip Calendar Day: August

calendar, flip calendar, DIY, papercraft, 3D, Bo Bunny, DCWV
Happy August!

An August calendar with a new twist, at least for me.  Since I'm in flip calendar mode, I thought I'd make one for my monthly calendar.  I used to print one 12"x12" calendar every month, but it seems like I'm always running out of ink in my wide format printer!

First, I created my calendar in Photoshop at 12"x12".  Once it was completed I reduced the size to 8"x8" which made it possible to print on my regular size printer.
Digital calendar

I then proceeded to make the flip calendar much the same way as the countdown calendar I made.  Since it's much bigger than that one, I had to use two 12"x12" sheets of cardstock and glue them together to form the base as in these pictures:

calendar, flip calendar, 3D, papercraft, DIY
I scored each sheet at 8.75", folded them and glued one flap on top of the other.  Using my Cinch binding machine, I punched binding holes in the top.  I put patterned paper on the front and backside of the base.  To sturdy up the base I put additional pieces of the same colored cardstock on the interior of it.  Then I bound the top with O rings.  This is how it looks:
calendar, flip calendar, 3D, papercraft, DIY, Bo Bunny, DCWV
I used a removable 8"x8" page protector for the calendar, so I can take it off at any time, or add another if I wish.

I decided it need a little something more, so I added some embellishments and a removable journal card.  The journal card is held on with magnets as I did on my countdown calendar.
Magnets work like a charm!
I can add important dates on the journal card, or anything I want. When the month is over I'll stick it inside the page protector with the calendar.

Thanks for checking out my calendar!  I've made one more, but I'll take a break from flip calendars....for now.

Let me know if you plan to make one of these.  They really are a lot of fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments.

Items used:
Photoshop
Cinch Binding Machine
Zutter movable 8x8 page protector
.75" Zutter O Rings
DCWV Sweet Tangerine Stack
Bo Bunny Key Lime and Barefoot&Bliss Digital Collections
Milkshake Font by Laura Worthington

Have a Crafty Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...