Monday, January 17, 2011

Thanks Card with Make The Cut


 

This is a card I made using Jin Yong's tutorial at Under A Cherry Tree.  She has done an entire series for the beginning Make The Cut (MTC) user.  If you're new to this software you should check out her blog, it's very useful and she does some amazing stuff!  The point of the tutorial was to show how you can align and center shapes or text as well as weld.   I wasn't even aware of the "stack" feature on MTC until I saw Jin's tutorial.  This allows you to have shapes or as in this case a shape and some text to be aligned and centered with each other.  The difficult part about this is I used a different font from the one Jin used, called freestyle scriptThis made it difficult to create the same thing.  The first problem I encountered was that the "a" was closed. So when I cut it you couldn't read the word on the label.  Then I also noticed the "n" was too close to the "k" so I had to move that.  In order to open the "a" I used the boolean join feature of MTC with the slice tool.  This is just a very small rectangle you can create and put over the "a" which allows you to remove a piece of it. (I learned this on the MTC forum, of course).  I love this feature!!  For the "n" I simply moved it over and rotated it slightly so the word could easily be read.  I then welded, aligned and stacked, and then joined.  It took me 3 tries to get the label right!




So, I wasted a little paper.  But I learned something along the way!  I love how versatile this program is, and I'm looking forward to making plenty of more cards and projects with it! Here are some more pictures:

So what do you think?  I like how simple and clean this card looks.  I plan to send it to my mother to thank her for sending my kids some gift cards for Christmas.  Yes, I'm a little late, but better late than never, right?  Thanks for checking this out and if you have anything to say please feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job and what a pretty pretty card!!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pennny! Thanks for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...