Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank You Card with Make The Cut!

Here's another card I made using Make The Cut! software.  I used Monotype Corsiva for the font and the flourish shape that's welded to it is a font I downloaded from somewhere (can't remember!).  I made the scallop oval in MTC using a star shape that's included in the software.  For a little bling I added an i Rock gem to the flourish.  There's a little story behind this card which explains why I made it.  My car battery went dead a few days ago because one of my children left the door open and I didn't notice it until the next day.  It has been quite cold and I guess one of the lights stayed on.  So I went out to get pizza one night and nothing!  Well, thank goodness for delivery, right?  The only problem was we needed to go grocery shopping desperately and my husband was out of town.  I am clueless when it comes to cars, so I wasn't sure how I was going to get it started.  I decided to ask a neighbor, who is the mom of a boy my boys play with.  At first she told me she had no jumper cables and didn't know how to jumpstart a car herself.  I went home and  I  searched our garage for either jumper cables or a battery charger.  I found the battery charger, but again, clueless as to what to do with it! (So why was I searching?LOL).  A moment later, my doorbell rings, and it's my neighbor saying she found some jumper cables and had called her husband who told her what to do.  Finally, after some more questions to her husband (who was getting a good laugh out of this, of course!) we got the car started.  I was so grateful to her and I decided to make her a card.  I want to give her something with it, but I'm not sure yet what I'll do.  It's nice to know neighbors still help neighbors these days!  I realized after this how little I interact with my neighbors.  I've lived in my neighborhood for 8 years and I don't really know most of my neighbors beyond a compulsory wave when I see them as I drive by.  Maybe it's time to change that!  So, what do you think of my card?  Is it enough or should I make (or bake) something to go along with it?  Thanks for coming by and I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...