Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Calendar Day: Finally Spring!

Alas, Spring has sprung!  Today was absolutely beautiful.  I've been enjoying the sunshine with my puppy Molly who still has way more energy than I do!  

Believe it or not I actually had my April calendar finished before today.  Not that I've never done that before, but with my sluggish creativity I'm a bit surprised I pulled it off.  Will the world won't end if I don't get my calendar done?  No.  But it was a challenge I gave myself about 3 years ago to create a calendar every month,  and somehow I've managed to do it for much longer than I thought I ever would!  So, without further ado, here's my April 2014 calendar:
 Carina Gardner, Jessica Sprague, Digital, Photoshop, Spring, Sproutlets, Lettering Delights
I love the Spring colors and those Gerber daisies from the Sproutlets Mega Collection by Carina Gardner.  They really cheer me up and make me excited for the warmer weather.  I purchased this collection during the One Buck Wednesday sale at JessicaSprague.com for a dollar.  If you haven't checked that weekly sale out you really should.  There are some great deals to be had on digital papers and elements.  

By the way, you don't have to be a digital scrapper to use digital papers and elements, but you do need software, a printer, and some good white cardstock to use them for physical paper projects.  For software I use Silhouette Studio DE for print and cut projects, and when I'm doing a digital layout I use Photoshop.  To print I use my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer that I've had for several years and I love it.  For my calendars I print on regular smooth white cardstock, but if I'm making a print and cut card or 3D project, I use American Crafts white cardstock.  I love the look of the texture with the printing, especially on a card, and it cuts very well in both my Cougar and Cameo.  I enjoy using digital papers since they're reasonably priced, and they don't take up any space in my craft room.  Give them a try on your next project!

Have you ever challenged yourself to inspire your creativity?  Try it out and see if it gets your creative juices flowing!

Here's what I used for this calendar:
Photoshop
Sproutlets MEGA Collection by Carina Gardner
LD Punch Out (Font)
Precious (Font)

Challenge yourself and Have A Crafty Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...