Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Return to Blogging and a Calendar

     I made a resolution at the beginning of the year that I would start blogging again.  Well, 2013 is almost over, and I thought maybe I should make good on that promise to myself.
     Since my last post, I've entered an entirely different world of cutting machine.  More than a year ago I purchased a 24" Black Cat Cougar from That's Scrap Inc.  At first I was quite intimidated by this large machine.  It took me quite a while to get used to how differently it worked from my previous machine.  Eventually I felt more comfortable with it, however there have been some bumps in the road.  Perhaps I'll highlight these in the future.  
     In May 2013 I purchased a Silhouette Cameo entirely because of its print and cut capability and because Jin at Under A Cherry Tree told me to (LOL)!  She has some awesome tutorials and projects using this machine which convinced me to buy it.  I love the simplicity of this machine and I've enjoyed using it.  
     During the summer of 2012 I rediscovered a company called SVGCuts.  I had been to their website before, but nothing there really caught my attention for some reason.  But when I stumbled upon them again, I realized I'd been missing quite a lot!  What caught my eye was a 3D apple in a kit called Miss Baker's Classroom.  I was blown away and I just had to have it!  But they have a secret.  They release a new kit almost every week.  That's how they get you!  It's truly addictive.  The best part is they take the time to present their products in a very professional way.  You get to see the finished product, and not only that you get a video assembly tutorial.  I have yet to find another site that puts as much time and energy into their product and customer service.  And I want to say a big congratulations to the owners Mary and Leo for winning the Martha Stewart American Made Award!  They truly deserved it.
     Of course I am still addicted to Lettering Delights, they have some great stuff too!  LD now offers their cutting files in multiple formats which is very nice!    
     Cutting machines are not the only thing I want to focus on here since digital crafting has caught my eye as well.  I have so many digital supplies now I don't know if I'll ever get to use them all.  I love how little space they take up in my craft room (they're practically invisible to DH's naked eyes!) and how affordable they are!    Speaking of digital supplies, since it's the 1st of the month it's calendar day in my world.  So here's my October calendar I made using supplies from JessicaSprague.com.

The papers are from a collection by Carina Gardner called Haunted.  I also used a template from Scrapgirls.com.  I still have A LOT to learn, but it's the most fun I've had learning ever!  I guess this was a bit long, so if you're still here, thanks!  Feel free to tell me what you think!  Keep crafting and stop by again some time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...