Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh Where Oh Where Has My Creativity Gone?

LDJ Zoodle, LDT Flowerpower, Lettering Delights, Make The Cut!, puppy, paracord
Have you ever experienced this?  Ideas come, and they go, but nothing inspires you enough to break the creative slump you're in.  The only thing you can do is take advantage of some excellent sales going on now.  Maybe that will inspire you, but then you realize you already have plenty to create with, and buying more only temporarily fills the void you're feeling.  You NEED to CREATE! 

Maybe it's the weather.  Snowing one day, 70 degrees the next.  I want to get outside and play with my new puppy, and I do during those warm moments, but I'm never sure what's in store when I open the door.  Not many opportunities for pictures of her with the paracord collar I made her and the matching bracelet I made for me.  That's all I've created in the past two weeks.  And I was delighted when I actually did it.  When the sun finally shines I'll post the picture.  For right now, more snow is in the forecast.

Maybe it's having a puppy that's put crafting in the back seat.  How could I blame a cute puppy for my creativity deficit?  Any mother with a toddler can relate to this. I spend many moments making sure she's not chewing electrical cords or eating the chairs or leaving any "presents" behind.  By the end of the day, especially on the days when the weather is still deciding what season it is, I'm exhausted!  Where does she get so much energy?  I'm not complaining, just venting a bit here.  I love her very much and I don't regret getting another dog.  If anything she will keep me young and active!

But when will I have the inspiration and energy to create again?  Beats me.  I don't plan to wait too long.  Soon I'll have to take matters into my own hands.  Puppy, to the crate with you!  Kids get to school!  Husband off to work!  Time for a quick and easy project to get me going again.  And when it does, I'll be certain to post it here!

So what about you?  Have you ever found a trick to get your creativity back on track?  I'd love to read about it, I need all the help I can get!

By the way, I created the graphic for this post in Make The Cut! using fonts from Lettering Delights.  It's quick and easy to create PNG's in Make The Cut!, which is why I love using this program. 

Here's to some sunshine and Have A Crafty Day!  (Do some extra crafting for me, would ya?:)) 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...