Monday, March 17, 2014

How To Make Coloring Pages With Make The Cut! and Lettering Delights

A Happy White St. Patrick's Day to ye!  As I mentioned in a previous post, if it's snowing where I live, schools close.  So my children are home from school, again!  I thought I'd give my daughter something to do so I made a few coloring pages in Make The Cut! using St. Patrick's Day images from Lettering Delights.  It's a quick and easy thing to do.
Make The Cut!, coloring pages, St. Patrick's Day, Lettering Delights
  
First import the image and color it white.  Under File select print options and choose print shape outlines.  Print it out!

Make The Cut!, coloring pages, St. Patrick's Day, Lettering Delights
I noticed the lines weren't very thick on the clover when I did it this way.
Make The Cut!, coloring page, St. Patrick's Day, Lettering Delights
Thin lines
It's just a matter of preference, but I thought I'd make the lines a little thicker.  To do this I created small shadows of each layer and colored them black, leaving the original layers on top white.
Make The Cut!, St. Patrick's Day, Lettering Delights, coloring page
With shadows for thicker lines.
Now I have a nice page for my daughter to color!  (And hopefully keep her occupied so I can finish this post!).
Make The Cut!, coloring pages, St. Patrick's Day, Lettering Delights
Thick lines
I think the entire process took less than 10 minutes!  Not only that, it's a great use of your cutting files without having to cut a thing.  It's also the perfect kid activity when the weather outside is downright freezing only three days away from Spring!  Nothing like some hot cocoa, a fire, and some coloring pages to keep you warm. Is it snowing where you are today?  If it is, stay warm and how about coloring a page or two?

Here's what I used:
Make The Cut!*
Clover Cut It Set
Kiss Me I'm Irish Cut It Set
LD Outline 1 Font (Only available in School Spectacular Font Bundle)

*I'm an affiliate for Make The Cut!

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Have A Crafty Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...