Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tri Shutter Birthday Card


It's my mom's birthday today, so I made her this card. Shh, I haven't gotten around to mailing it yet because I have to get one of those bubble mailers since it's kind of thick when it's folded. I got the directions to make this card on CardzTV. I have seen plenty of other examples of this card- it's pretty popular so I thought I'd have a go at it. I came across a Gypsy file I had downloaded from 217 Creations for a pop up card she had made. I realized she had used two slits in the card to form the pop up, and I wondered how she'd done it. After looking at the carts she used I discovered it was the end cap feature from Plantin Schoolbook. I figured I would try to cut the slits for the tri shutter using these so I could be sure they'd be straight and where I wanted them. It worked out pretty well. The slits were off by a little but not noticeable, and all I would have to do is move the paper a bit. I just thought it was cool to try. I know it isn't hard to cut two slits in the paper by hand, but hey, why not use the Cricut when you can? I like the way it came out and I'll be making more of these. It is a challenge for me to decorate these kinds of cards, but it was worth it. Thanks 217 Creations and CardzTV!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...