Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge #12




I decided to try another challenge over at the Cricut Cardz Challenge blog. The challenge was to make any kind of card using the card feature on one of the cartridges. My oldest son is turning 13 this April so I made this for him. He doesn't appreciate cards much, but I got to enjoy making it for him! I used the card feature for the dog tag on the Paper Pups cart. I cut the base out of kraft paper and the top patterned layer is from the My Mind's Eye Complete Boy pad. I embossed the circle with the spot & dots CB folder, inked the edges and stickled, of course! The candles are a stamp that I cut around the best I could. I colored it in a little with some colored pencils. The letters are from Calligraphy and 13th is from Plantin Schoolbook, which I welded using the Gypsy. I really like the way this one came together. I wasn't sure the candle stamp would work out, but I think it did!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! Great guy card and all of the elements came together beautifully! That candle stamp looks fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks so much for playing CCC!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...