Friday, December 5, 2014

Quick Christmas Countdown Flip Top Advent Calendar

Christmas, Lettering Delights, Advent Calendar

Are you ready for Christmas?  Are your kids anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa?  Well, if you're a little late creating an advent calendar this year, here's a quick one to whip up so your kids can count the days until the jolly fat man arrives.  My inspiration to make this flip version of an advent calendar came from the flip top calendar Jin at Under A Cherry Tree made back in January 2013.  I made it a little smaller than she does in her tutorial, so I did not use her template to make it.  Using Silhouette Studio DE, I resized the graphics from the Bo Ho Ho Advent set to 2.995"Hx2.245"W and then added a 3.6"Hx2.25"W rectangle  to make room for the binding (no need to trace the graphic).  I decided to let my Cameo cut the binding circles instead of using my Cinch since the width of the cards was making it difficult to get them accurately centered.  This is one page of the graphics in Silhouette Studio:
Silhouette Studio DE, Cameo, Christmas, Advent calendar, Lettering Delights

After setting up each page, I print and cut out the cards.  To create the "days until Christmas" portion I put a paper from the BoHoHo paper pack and the words on a  2.25"Wx1"H rectangle.  Using some chipboard from JoAnn's, I created the calendar base much the same way Jin did, only slightly narrower (11"Lx2.5"W).  I scored at 5", 5.5" and 6".  I used the Cinch to punch the holes at the top for the base since I wasn't cutting it in my Cameo.  After putting all the cards in order I put everything on the O wires and used my Cinch to bind them together.  Now my daughter has a little calendar to put on her nightstand to remind her Santa is coming soon!
Lettering Delights, Under A CherryTree, Advent calendar, Silhouette Studio DE, Cameo

This has to be the quickest advent calendar I've ever made!

I used:
Cameo 
Silhouette Studio DE (Can use the free edition)
Lettering Delights:
BoHoHo Advent set
BoHoHo paper pack
BoHoHo alphabet
LD Charming Bold

Keep counting down and Have a Crafty Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...