Sunday, May 18, 2014

Inspiration Found: Two Print and Cut Cards with Silhouette Studio

I was looking for inspiration the other day, when I came across a post by Jin at UnderACherryTree about making cards using shapes, offsets and rectangles in Silhouette Studio DE.  She has a tutorial here and here, both are easy to follow if you'd like to make one too.  

Originally I was going to make just one card, but then another idea landed in my head so I ended up making two. The first one is for my son who loves music and plays both guitar and piano, as well as the viola.  His birthday is coming up this week.
Lettering Delights, Silhouette Cameo, Silhouette Studio DE, Print and Cut. Birthday Card
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You!
This card came together so easily.  I print and cut everything, including the solid color for the guitar because I wanted an exact match with the color on the patterned paper.  It made it so much easier than hunting down a piece of cardstock that more than likely wouldn't match.

The next card is for no special occasion, but I think I'll give it to my daughter since she's always been my beautiful butterfly!
Lettering Delights, Silhouette Cameo, Print and Cut, Silhouette Studio DE, Card
And with this one I decided to print on the inside as well.

I love using the center to page feature in Silhouette Studio DE!  As long as I remember which way to put the paper in to print the second side (something I forgot to do on this card), it's easy to print on both sides of a card.  

I had so much fun making these, I'll definitely be making some more.  Thanks goes to Jin for the inspiration!

Here's what I used:
Guitar Card:
Musical Instruments Cut It Set
Doggy Paper Pack
LD Hanson (font)
LD Hang Ten (font)
Butterfly Card:
Butterflies Cut It Set
Birds Of A Feather Paper Pack
LD Dear Diary (font)
LD Platform Soul (font)

Have A Crafty Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...