Thursday, March 13, 2014

A VERY CUTE Addition To Our Family!

Yesterday I mentioned there was something cute going on in my life, and it's got nothing to do with crafting.  Can you guess what it is?  No, it's not a baby, but it feels like I've got one.  That's right, I feel like I have a baby, but she's no baby, she's a...puppy!   Check out the pure cuteness!
Dog, puppy, coonhound, mix, cute
Aren't I too cute?  I'm so tiny I'm lying in a cat bed!
She's 8 weeks old and is a Redbone Coonhound mix.  Never heard of a Redbone Coonhound?  Neither had I until I saw the ad for her on Craig's List.  So I looked it up and according to what I read this breed is an excellent family dog, plus she's mixed with Lab which is a breed that's good with kids.  My daughter said she looks like a Molly, and I agreed with her, with those floppy ears, what else could we name her?  Don't let her cuteness fool you, she's full of energy.  I haven't exercised in quite some time, and this little girl is going to insure that changes.  I've done more walking in the past few days than I have in a year.  But that's good, right?  I certainly can stand to lose a few pounds and get into shape, and what better motivation.  (Like if I don't walk her, I'll have a major mess to clean!).

One thing I've realized is puppies and paper crafting don't mix.  If there's even a scrap of paper on the floor, she'll find it and chew it.  She's definitely going to make me clean up my creative messes in a jiffy.  (Wait a minute, I'm going to get in shape and keep my craft room in order?  Alright, whose idea was this puppy anyway?).  I can't wait to start making layouts of her being her adorable self.  I haven't done that in a while since the last time I had a dog was almost 4 years ago.  She was a German Shepherd named Lexi, and I still miss her very much.  I didn't think I wanted a dog after losing her, but when my kids kept insisting they wanted a puppy it was hard to resist!

Here's another picture of our Molly!
puppy, redbone coonhound, dog
Woof!

Do you have a pet?  Does it "help" you craft or inspire any of your projects?  I'd love it if you'd share your story! 

Thanks for meeting Molly and Have A Crafty Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...