Monday, December 9, 2013

Santa Stamp Card Print and Cut

I have to say I love the Little Ho-Ho-Ho-ligans Accents cutset Lettering Delights came out with last year.  I haven't used it too much until now.  I made the stamp from the cut file and turned it into a card using Silhouette Studio (SS).  At the time I made this card I did not have the designer edition so I had to create a PNG file in Photoshop using the pdf included with the set before importing it into the program and tracing.  Check it out:

While I had the image in Photoshop I decided to play around with the background and changed it to one of the papers in the Little Ho-Ho-Ho-ligans paper pack.  It is very simple to do using the magic wand tool and cut via copy to create separate elements from the image.  Then you can recolor them however you want!!  Fun, fun, fun!  I also added the Merry Christmas sentiment there.  After importing into SS I added the 5 and the cent symbol using a tutorial from Under A Cherry Tree.  I then print and cut the stamp image.  For the base of the card I print and cut as well and as you'll see in the next pictures I added some images and a sentiment to the inside of the card.  This was also easy to do using the center to page feature in SS.  Because there are no layers in the software, you must have two separate files open for the front and inside of the card. The center to page feature allows you to line everything up on both sides when you print.


Of course using center to page is not the most efficient use of paper (unless you can fit more than one card), but when you want to put something on the inside it is the best way to do it in this program.  To put the card together I adhered a piece of white craft foam under the stamp image to pop it up a bit and it was done!  The card measures approximately 5"x6.25". Well, that wraps it up!  A simple and quick card using a cute santa stamp!  Let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by!  Just keep crafting until next time!  Here's what I used to make the card:
Silhouette Studio Software
Silhouette Cameo Cutting Machine
White American Crafts Cardstock (very good for printing on if you like texture on your prints)
Little Ho-Ho-Ho-ligans Accents Cut It Set
Holiday Hugs Garland Cut It Set (lights)
Little Ho-Ho-Ho-ligans paper pack
LD Charming Bold (font-sentiments)
LD Funky Chunky (font-5 and cent symbol)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...