Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Tree Card with Lettering Delights

One of my favorite things to do is use Silhouette Studio Designer Edition (SSDE) to apply textures to card bases and shapes.  It's the only reason I decided to buy a Silhouette Cameo since I already had a cutting machine.  So here's a card I made using an image and digital paper from Lettering Delights.  It's very simple to create and if you don't want to go through the print and cut process it's easy enough to cut the card base on a paper trimmer.
Lettering Delights, Claus Applause, Silhouette Cameo
For this card I created a 4.25x11 rectangle for the base.  For a shape to apply the paper to I created another 4.25x5.5 rectangle.  I made sure this rectangle was set to no cut since I only wanted to print the shape.  I filled this shape with patterned paper from the Claus Applause paper pack and put it above the card base. I love doing this because it not only saves ink by leaving the back side of the card blank, but I think it looks more professional.  I then created the smaller rectangle (3.925x.810) for the sentiment and colored it white and placed it above the card base.  I selected the type tool and typed in Merry Christmas, sized and colored it.  The brown frame was created by yet another rectangle 4x5.25 and sizing two smaller rectangles on the inside.  To make the open space I went to Object, Modify, Subtract.  This frame was cut twice and glued together to add a little dimension.  Next I cut the tree in colored cardstock at the imported size which is 4".  I wanted a little dimension for the tree so I made a .20 inset of the base layer and cut this from cereal box.  If I had made the inset any larger it would have made the shape two pieces because of the narrow distance where the tree meets the star.  I would have liked the inset shape a bit smaller, but you can hardly notice it and this method is much easier than using foam tape to pop it up.  To cut the card base I did use the print and cut method because I just like doing it!  There you have it, a very simple Christmas card!  Thanks for looking, and don't forget to let me know what you think! 

Items used for this card:
Silhouette Studio DE
Silhouette Cameo
Core'dinations Cardstock (green,blue green, red)
American Crafts Cardstock (white card base for printing)
Bazzill Cardstock(brown frame)
Claus Applause Cutset  (on sale until 12/22/13)
Claus Applause Paper Pack (on sale until 12/22/13)
SNF Cheer Squad (font) (on sale for $1!)
(I am not an affiliate for LD or ScrapNFonts)

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm prima. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Prima

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...