Saturday, May 10, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Gift

So this past week was teacher appreciation week.  I may get some flack for this, but I usually don't participate in this event.  I find it more appropriate to thank my childrens' teachers at the end of the year and according to my desire to do so.  I guess you could say I don't like being told what to do.  That being said,  when I learned my daughter's teacher was a Washington Nationals fan, I decided I had to make this baseball cap and card for her, and I didn't want to wait until the end of the year.  I had the crafting itch, and I was desperate to make something with the purpose of giving it away.  Check it out, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
Washington Nationals, baseball cap, teacher appreciation, SVGCuts, Lettering Delights, Thin Fonts, sports, baseball
Hit it right out of the park!
This project is an example of using something I thought I never would.  I'm not a baseball fan, in fact, sports just aren't my thing, and thankfully my husband and kids aren't sports lovers either.  So I never thought I'd use this file from the Fun and Games SVG Kit at SVGCuts.com, but it's really hard not to buy their files (let's just say I'm a little addicted, ok?).  How happy I was when I got to put it to good use!  I have to remember crafting isn't only about making things I like, it's about making things for others to bring them some joy, whether or not I like them!  (Well, duh!)  Plus, I had a lot of fun making this and as it turns out, I love it! 

Using Make The Cut!, I altered the baseball in the file to add the 'Thank You' and I used a thin font from Lettering Delights and a Silhouette sketch pen for the teacher's name.  The card base is from the Cards For Moms SVG Kit also at SVGCuts.com. I cut a little of the bottom off of the card since I didn't need the extra space.

Here's the inside and back of the cap.
Washington Nationals, Baseball cap, SVGCuts, baseball, teacher appreciation
A few small details
I had cut out the 'W' to put on the front of the card, but when I decided not to use it I thought putting it inside the cap was a nice added touch.  While looking at the Washington Nationals caps I also noticed most of them had the major league baseball logo on the back so I decided to include it on mine.  I found all of the logos by doing a Google search.  I then traced them in Make The Cut! and did a print and cut with my Cameo.  

So that's it, a fun gift for a teacher who happens to love baseball, and chocolate, which is what I filled it with.  My daughter said her teacher loved it, and that's the joy in crafting.

Here's what I used:
Make The Cut!
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Red Sketch Pen
American Crafts Cardstock
Fun and Games SVG Kit
Cards For Moms SVG Kit
LD Cursive Thin Font

Go create some joy and Have A Crafty Day!

(I am an affiliate for Make The Cut! because I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...