Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

You deserve it, Moms!

To all of the mothers out there, have a very Happy Mother's Day!  For all the work you do that goes without much reward, you deserve a day of pampering and rest!  I should know, because I'm a mother to four children, and my husband is a fifth child.  Not only that but we've got our puppy Molly, who is like having an additional toddler who doesn't understand English in the house!

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, I thought I'd share a card I made for my mother, who, to put it mildly, went through a lot during her child raising years.  She's now fortunate enough to live by herself in a wonderful adult community where she has plenty of friends, but she tells me she doesn't like living alone (want to trade places Mom?).  Unfortunately she lives quite a distance from me making it difficult to see her regularly.  So I sent her this card for Mother's Day and hopefully she'll enjoy it although it's not the same as a visit in person.
You deserve it, Mom!
I didn't embellish this card at all since I had to mail it and I didn't want to worry about damaging the card.  I think the bright paper from the Tangerine stack by DCWV makes up for it.  The card is a step card from the Cards For Moms SVG Kit from SVGCuts.com.  It was fast and easy to put together, and if you have a stack of coordinating papers it doesn't matter which ones you choose, they'll look great together.

A long while back my mom gave me some old photos to scan and save to a disc for her.  Can't say I've finished that project yet, there are a lot of photos to scan, but I thought I'd include some in her card just to give her a blast from the past.  Here's what I did with two photos of her on Mother's Day in 1973:
That was a looong time ago!
Yep, that's my mom having a nice dinner out with, what, wait a minute, all of the kids???  Mom, what were you thinking???   All I can say is I hope I didn't send her a bad memory or anything!

For this 4x6 layout I used several supplies from SnapClick Supply Co. (formerly JessicaSprague.com) by Meredith Fenwick, Carina Gardner, and Samantha Walker.

I hope all of the Moms out there are enjoying their day!

Have a Crafty Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...