Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!... and My January Calendar

I hope you had an excellent New Year's and you're ready to start a new year!  My main goal this year is to craft more, post more and shop less!  Of course I'll do that tomorrow since I just finished buying a ton of files at Lettering Delights!  Today was the last day of their site wide sale where everything was $1-$2 and on top of that there was a coupon.  I can't resist a sale like that.  The only thing I have a problem with is having so many files to choose from!  As I downloaded my newly purchased files I noticed all the other files I already have and realized I haven't used a lot of them.  I really want to put them to better use, hence the goal to craft more and shop less.  Do any of you have this problem?  I can't be the only one!

Now on to my January calendar which really didn't make much use out of those files, although I did use one to create the grid for this calendar.  I did something I've never done in Photoshop, create a grid with the marquee tool.  The calendar grid from Lettering Delights was a bit thick and I wanted something cleaner looking.  So I imported the grid and drew on top with the marquee tool using the LD grid as a guide.  I think it worked out pretty well.  Of course I added shadows to the January and 2014 using the method I did a tutorial on in this calendar day post.  I really didn't add much else to this calendar as I thought the paper did most of the work.  I liked it so much I didn't want to cover it up!  Snowy and chilly, just what January should be like!  The funny part is in my neck of the woods I haven't seen much snow!  I am truly grateful for that!
So there you have it!  I think I really like how basic this one is.  What do you think?  I did create another one with paper behind the grid, but I think I like this one the best.  Thanks so much for taking a look and reading my rambling!  Feel free to leave a comment!  In case you're interested, here's what I used for this calendar:

Echo Park Winter Wishes Paper Pack 1
SNF Honeycrisp font (January and numbers)
SNF Chantilly Lace font (2014)
Hip Hip Hooray Everyday Calendar cut it project

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...