Friday, March 20, 2015

A Little Late, But Still Lucky!

St. Patrick's Day, SVG Cuts, beer mug, beer bottle
A little late!!
Yeah, I know, it's not St. Patrick's Day, it's the first day of Spring, but I still wanted to share my St. Pats Day projects, however late it may be.  I mentioned in my last post that I couldn't wait to make the beer mug from the Feeling Lucky SVG kit and the beer bottle from the Surf Shack SVG kit (links below).  I wasn't lying, so here they are!
SVG Cuts, Feelin' Lucky, Surf Shack, St. Patrick's Day, Silhouette Cameo, Core'dinations
Drink some beer and be of good cheer!
I truly enjoyed making that beer mug.  It was fast and simple, and it looks awesome!  I plan to make more in different colors, as this is a versatile file and can be used for many occasions such as birthdays and Father's Day.

The beer bottle was a bit more challenging, but very doable.  It's just a matter of taking your time and giving the glue a chance to dry.  I think I was a little off on the top because it does not want to fit over the bottom!  I WILL be making another one, but it will be a replica of my favorite beer and hopefully will fit better.

Believe it or not, I used Christmas paper for the green patterned paper since I don't own one single sheet of St. Patrick's Day paper!  It's hard to believe!  My husband was in shock!

I created and then print and cut the labels in MTC out of sticker paper I got from Staples.  For some reason, I had trouble getting my Cameo to read the registration marks so I decided to just let it cut. Big mistake.  As you may be able to tell, they're a little off.  I had to cut the green border around the one on the mug with scissors and put some cardstock behind it to make it look right.  Anybody else who uses MTC with their Cameo have this problem?  I usually don't, so any tips would be appreciated.

Here's wishing you a very belated Happy St. Patrick's Day as well as a timely Happy Spring!

What Spring projects are you working on?  Love to hear from you in the comments!

Yay for Spring and Have a Crafty Day!!

Items used:
Make The Cut! software
Silhouette Cameo
Feeling Lucky SVG Kit (beer mug, rainbow, shamrock)
Surf Shack SVG Kit (beer bottle)
Celtic Card SVG Kit (Luck O' the Irish to Ye)
Honeyscript font (Lucky, Beer)
Impact font (CHEER)
American Crafts cardstock
Core'dinations cardstock
Staples white sticker paper

(I am an affiliate for both Make The Cut! and SVGCuts.com because I LOVE both of them and you will too!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...