Monday, October 13, 2014

"Five Minute" Birthday Card

Can you really finish a card in five minutes??  Maybe you can, but I have yet to accomplish that feat, although this birthday card from the Five Minute Cards SVG Kit (from SVGCuts.com) I made for my mother comes close.  Usually the longest part of the creative process for me is choosing the paper to use.  Once my paper was chosen for this card, there were only five cuts to make, but I wasn't done yet!
SVGCuts, DCWV, Birthday Card

This card is only four layers and went together quickly, if you don't count the time I spent obsessively applying foam tape to the back of the flower cut out layer.  You can see what I mean here:
SVGCuts, Birthday Card, DCWV
Just a little bit of foam tape!
Once the foam tape was on, it really did take five minutes to put together!
SVGCuts, Birthday Card, DCWV
For the inside sentiment I used my Silhouette sketch pens and wrote with the Cameo.  I haven't used my thin fonts from Lettering Delights nearly enough, so I was happy for the chance.

Being able to write with your cutting machine comes in real handy when you don't want to stamp or when your printers are out of ink (both are the case for me).  I thought putting the candles on the bottom was also a cute idea, but I'm not sure my mother will appreciate them!  I really enjoyed putting this card together, now all I have to do is get it in the mail!

Supplies Used:
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Sketch Pen
DCWV Playtime Stack
Core'dinations Cardstock
LDT Cursive
LDT Cutesie Doodles

Hope you Have A Crafty Day!
*I'm an affiliate for Make The Cut because I LOVE it and you will too! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...