Thursday, October 2, 2014

Double Calendar Day and Back To School Luncboxes


Phew.  I made it through the first month of school.  What I didn't make it through was posting here during that time!  Getting used to a schedule after a lazy summer makes transitioning back to a routine a little rough on my kids (not to mention me!).  And now that they're all settled in, I can return to getting my craft on!
  
First up is my September calendar which is now irrelevant, but I thought I'd post it anyway.  Take a look:

Digital, Photoshop, Fall, Autumn, Back to School, Lettering Delights
I decided to mix it up a bit by using mini chalk boards for the grid.  Other than that, there's not much to say about it!

Next up are some lunchboxes I made for my kids from the Miss Baker's Classroom SVG kit from SVGcuts.com.  I wanted to show them my sympathy for their not so sweet return to the books.
SVGCuts, 3D, DCWV
Back to school got ya down?
SVGCuts, 3D, DCWV
Sugar and chocolate are the answer...sweet!
These were so quick to put together, and on each one I put something relating to that particular child.  The computer, piano keys, treble clef, turtle and monkey are all free files from SVGCuts.  You may notice that the turtle one (for my son "turtle boy"), is upside down.  I found myself wondering which way to put the paper, and thought it would be best if it was right side up when my son was going to open it.  After that decision I googled "lunchboxes" and discovered the images on them were the other way. I knew turtle boy wouldn't notice, so I didn't fret too much but I decided to make the other three "properly".  My kids enjoyed the candy and didn't pay much attention to the lunchboxes, but I had fun making them.

And finally, my October calendar:
Digital, Photoshop, Calendar Day, Lori Whitlock, Lettering Delights, Halloween
Spooky!

 I went "off the grid" for this one which allowed the haunted house in the background to be more visible.  Using the black and purple papers from Lori Whitlock's Happy Halloween Collection I played around with the blending modes to get a more grungy effect.  Although the purple paper appears to be below the black, it's actually above it.  Have you ever played with blending modes in Photoshop?  If not, try it sometime, it can change the look of your papers which makes them much more versatile.

Supplies used:
September Calendar
Lori Whitlock's School Days Collection
LD Foundation (Font)
LD Chalky (Font)
Learning Curve (Font)

Lunchboxes
Miss Baker's Classroom SVG Kit
Computer, Piano Keys, Treble Clef, Turtle, Monkey SVGCuts Freebies
DCWV Summer Dream, Edumacation, &Generation Tech Stacks

October Calendar
Lori Whitlock's Happy Halloween Collection
LD Frightmares (Font)
LD Castle (Font)
Burnt Type Alphabet (LD)
 
Thanks for checking out my creations!  I'll be posting some Halloween creations soon. Until then....

Have a Crafty Day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...