Thursday, December 4, 2014

Calendar Day: December

It's hard to believe December, the last month of the year is here!  This year has gone by so fast, my head is spinning.  

To create my December calendar, I was inspired by Carina Gardner's calendar templates in the Silhouette store.  I decided to create my own in Make The Cut using a doodlebat from Lettering Delights.  Here's what the template looked like:Make The Cut, Lettering Delights, December, Calendar
Here's the finished calendar:
Digital, Photoshop, Calendar, December, Lettering Delights
I clipped two papers to the template and changed the blending mode and opacity on the top paper layer.  I added the ornament to each shape opening and applied a Photoshop style that I found for free online (can't remember where!).  I applied that same style to the month and year letters but tweaked the color a little bit.  I used Make The Cut to create the number grid, which sped up this tedious process (it's my least favorite part of making calendars!).  By typing each week of numbers into the text box with right justify selected, I was able to position the numbers on the ornament template rather quickly.  Gotta love the versatility of Make The Cut, it's not just for cutting!

So, that's my final calendar for 2014.  Now to get the ink for my printer so I can print it out!

Here's what I used:
Make The Cut Software
Photoshop
Lettering Delights:
Christmas Village paper pack
Christmas Village graphic set
Peppermint Holiday graphic set
Christmas Ornaments doodlebat
LD Colorado Slab font (December, numbers)
LDJ Jingleberry font (2014)

Have a Very Merry December and Have A Crafty Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...